Translate

Monday 10 December 2012

Pastelitos de Guayaba - Guava Pastries



There are several desserts, scents and flavours that bring back childhood memories, such as my mother's thin chewy chocolate chip cookies or a tart lemon buttercream frosting over a dark chocolate cupcake. But there's one I most love, Cuban Guava Pastries!
I believe the first time I tried them I was probably 8 or 9 years old, when a good cuban friend of ours brought some home. Once I tried them I couldn't stop myself from eating one after another, sadly for my diet, that still happens! But who cares! They taste soooo yummy, and they are really easy to make!

You will just need: Puff pastry (homemade or store bought, guava paste (also homemade if you are lucky enough to find the fruit, or store bought), creamcheese (optional), one beaten egg and sugar to garnish over them.

Hay varios postres, olores y sabores que me traen recuerdos de mi infancia, como las finas y crujientes chocolate chip cookies de mi madre o el buttercream de limón con un toque ácido sobre un cupcake de chocolate bien oscuro. Pero uno de los que más me gustan son los Pastelitos de Guayaba!
Creo que la primera vez que los probé debía tener unos 8 ó 9 años, cuando una amiga de la familia, que es cubana, los trajo a casa. Tras haberlos probado ya no me podía controlar y me comí uno tras otro, tristemente para mi dieta, eso sigue pasando! Pero me da igual! Están taaaaaan ricos, y son tan fáciles de hacer!

Para prepararlos solamente necesitarás masa de hojaldre (casera o comprada), dulce de guayaba (también casera si consigues encontrar la fruta en sí, o sino comprada), queso crema (opcional), un huevo batido y azúcar para poner encima de los pastelitos.

First roll out the puff pastry and add a bit of the guava paste. To some of them we added creamcheese and a walnut, just to experiment and give it an extra crunch.

Primero extiende el hojaldre y añade un poco del dulce de guayaba. Para algunos pusimos un poco de queso crema y por experimentar una nuez para añadirle un toque crujiente.



Ready to be baked in the oven!
 

Listos para cocinarse en el horno!

Et voilá!

Et voilá!


This is how the ones with creamcheese looked like!

Así quedaron los que llevaban crema de queso!



And the experiment with the walnut turned out fantastic and delicious!

Y el experimento con las nueces quedó fantástico y delicioso!


No comments:

Post a Comment